Monday, March 07, 2005

You Are Old

Pharyngula: Whatever you do, don't tell my wife!

"You are old, PZ Myers," the young man said,
"And your birthdays roll 'round like a fan;
And yet you continue your blog-links to spread—
Does Mary approve of your plan?"

"In my youth," said the sage (adding links to his page),
"I kept my mind active and supple;
And since all my links keep me lithe for my age,
She'll cope if I publish a couple."

"You are old," said the lad, "and I'm certain your words
Will infuse fertile minds with delight;
And your links could entrance young impressionable nerds;
Do you think, at your age, this is right?"

"In my youth," PZ Myers replied with some mirth,
"I was quiet and bookish and shy;
But, now that the geek have inherited earth,
With blog-links, my limit's the sky!"

"You are old," said the youth, "as I think we agreed,
And have grown most uncommonly wise,
To the point where the masses all covet your seed.
Do you have any hints for us guys?"

"What?! You're talking in metaphors? What have I said?"
Feeling faint, PZ gaaack'd and he blinked;
"If you hope I'll give hints to get webbedly-wed,
Young lad, you can go and get linked!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home