Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Tentacle Tango

Pharyngula: More cephalopod art

Dim the lights for a tantric temptation;
Feel this rhythm of writhing elation;
Great Ones watch us askance as the night bids us dance
And the music demands the tentacle tango.

All alone in your tank, are you sighing?
Let me taste every tear that you're dyeing;
Feel the lure of my charms; leave your marks on my arms;
Come to me, and we'll trip the tentacle tango.

As I fondle each sensuous sucker
Is it out of the question to pucker?
Your rapturous grip makes each dance step a trip
When we dance, beak to cheek, the tentacle tango.

Though my friends say I'm wasting my life on
A wet bag with eight legs and a siphon,
Still I'm lost without trace in your tactile embrace
Every time we attempt the tentacle tango.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I very much mistaken, or is this particular piece intended to be sung to the tune of Tom Lehrer's immortal "The Masochism Tango"? Apart from having to cheat slightly to get the last lines to fit, it works beautifully.

3:52 AM  
Blogger Phunicular said...

Well picked, Drago.
The Masochism Tango was in mind when I penned it, although I didn't feel bound to stick exactly to its rhythm. Maybe one day I'll write a tentacular tune for it and record (just to stop Tom Lehrer's earworm from asserting control when I read it).

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home