Saturday, July 16, 2005

Bird-breath

Pharyngula: Dinosaur Lungs

Somewhere
Over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow;
Why then, oh why can't I?
Somewhere
Inside the ribcage
Birds are weird;
They have lungs fed by air sacs
Through which each breath is steered.

Each time I breathe my lungs inflate
Then sigh back to their empty state,
Et cetera,
But birdies' lungs are really neat:
The air goes down a one-way street
To work more betterer!

Somehow
Slick respiration
Helps birds fly;
All my beeswax and feathers
May never touch the sky.

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow,
Why, oh why can't I?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birds fly, may be, beyond the rainbow,
If happy or blue - I shant never know,
Oh! Blind, mindless evolution,
My eyes see not your solution.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Flu-Bird said...

Have you ever seen a KINGBIRD chase a hawk these little birds are absolutly fearless

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home